Wednesday, April 8, 2009

FUN WEEKEND

Friday evening our church hosted our annual fish fry. It started on Thurday night when Ash and I went to help set up for it. On Friday Ash and Milan went down to the hall at 1 to help with whatever needed to be done before serving time. Milan always takes big pieces of cardboard down to put down on the floor of the garage that is donated to us to use by a neighbor to fry the fish in. Now this neighbor is not a member of our churce so it is truly appreciated. Our meal consists of fried fish, baked potatoe, colseslaw, an added treat was hushpuppies, cherry sauce and homemade desserts. We served around 550 to 580 people. I went down after I got off work and we were all home by 9. For some that is a long day being on their feet. Saturday we went to Grandma Fs to do yard work and put in a new doorbell. She had quite a bit of rock in her grass from the snow plow this winter. So we raked that out and Ash cleaned up her flower beds. We even evened up the grass line to one of them. Mom and I took the brush to the dump that afternoon only to find that the gate was locked. There was another gentleman there wanting to do the same thing. So I said I would just climb over the gate and they could stick the brush under the fence for me. Well I got to about rung 3 and the gate started to wiggle. So me the chicken that I am LOL got back off of the gate and climbed under the fence also to take care of the brush. Saturday night Ash and I went to our high school's production of Grease. The kids did a good job and it was very well attended. Sunday we just hung out, Milan worked, as it was not a very nice day anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment